Bus Conduct Form
Arizona Statutes do not mandate pupil transportation. School bus transportation is provided as a courtesy and is a privilege, not a right. If a student’s conduct is such that the health, safety, comfort, or well-being of others is jeopardized, on or off the bus, a school district official may deny the privilege of riding the bus. The school bus driver is in charge of the bus and all its passengers and has total authority and responsibility. Passengers shall comply with all instructions given to them by the driver.
Failure to comply with bus rules and/or drivers directions could result in but not limited to: A writing assignment, cleaning the bus, missing recess, temporary suspension of bus riding privileges, up to permanent suspension of bus riding privileges.
Students in Kindergarten or First grade must have a parent or authorized adult meet the bus in the afternoon for driver to release the student from the bus. If no parent or adult is there to meet the bus, the student will be taken back to the school and parent will need to come to the school to pick up the student.
For temporary transportation changes parent/guardian must call the school office by 2:45pm Monday-Thursday or by 12:15 pm Fridays. After verbal permission is given a single use parent pick up or bus pass will be issued. For permanent transportation changes a Change Form must be filled out and turned into the school office. Changes may take up to two business days to complete.
Please be at your stop 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after estimated stop time. If the bus is late stay there until another bus comes. All Students are required to be outside at their stop not in the house, doorway or car. We do not honk. Do not call if your child is not going to ride the bus 1 or 2 days. Call the school office if they are not going to ride for an extended period of time. After two weeks in a row of not riding the bus a student may be removed from their bus route.
STUDENT SAFETY RULES:
- Stand a safe distance away from the curb or road. Do not run up to the bus. Wait until it comes to a complete stop before boarding.
- Never crowd or push while entering or exiting the bus. Use the steps and handrails.
- Do not disturb private property at your bus stop.
- Sit in the seat, facing forward. Do not sit on books, legs, or backpacks. Keep aisle clear.
- Remain seated in assigned seat while the bus is in motion.
- Do not stand to exit until the bus has come to a complete stop.
- Keep all body parts in the bus at all times.
- Use inside voices. Screaming, loud talking and/or profane language are not permitted.
- Never throw anything inside the bus or out the windows.
- Keep the bus clean, don’t litter. Take all of your belongings with you when exiting the bus.
- Marking or destruction of any part of the bus is prohibited. Parents will be held responsible for any damage.
- Eating and drinking (except water) are prohibited.
- Tobacco, lighters or matches are not permitted on the bus.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are not permitted on the bus.
- Weapons of any kind and explosives (firecrackers) are not permitted on the bus.
- NO glass items are permitted on the bus for any reason. This is a state and federal law.
- Animals, insects, birds and reptiles are not permitted on the bus for any reason.
- Student medications are not allowed on the bus.
- Be courteous and respectful to the driver, fellow students and all other motorist at all times.